Topic: How do I install HP printer on Windows 11-Setup a printer in Windows 11
This post will show you how to install a HP printer in Windows 11. Because a HP printer may be added manually or automatically, both instructions are included. Also Read Printer is not working Windows 11
How to Add a HP printer to Windows 11 Automatically
Installing a Hp printer on windows 11 takes only a few minutes if Windows 11 can recognize it immediately, and you don’t have to do much other than click a few keys.
- Open Settings.
- One way to open settings is by right-clicking the Start button & selecting Settings.
- Scroll to Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners.
- Click Add device, wait for Windows 11 to detect the printer for several seconds, and then Choose Add device next to the printer you wish to install.
- Allow time for the HP printer to be installed. It’ll appear alongside some other printers and scanners you’re presently using in the list.Click Here to check latest hp software
How to Manually Add an HP Printer to Windows 11
If your computer does not immediately recognize the HP printer, you may manually add it.
- Go to Settings, select Bluetooth & devices, then Printers & scanners. After that, choose Add device.
- Please take a few moments as Windows 11 tries to find the printer independently. Choose the Add manually link when you see it.
- You have various options depending on the conditions and how you wish to connect to the printer.
- For wireless or network-attached printers, all five choices work. If your HP printer is connected locally/directly to your local computer, select Add printer or network printer with manual settings, & then Next.
- Select the port the printer is connected to, & then choose Next.
- If it’s attached via USB, choose it from the list. There is some option for parallel (LPT) and serial (COM) ports.
- Following that, you have a few options for installing the printer driver. If the HP printer came with a driver’s disc, choose Have Disk to locate it. If not, go with Windows Update.
- Wait for Windows 11 to provide a list of choices. The notice Windows 11 is updating the list of printers will appear on the screen. This might take a few moments.
- Select the hp printer from the left column and then the model from the right column. After that, Next should be selected.
- Choose Next after giving the printer a name. Since this is only for your reference, it may be anything you choose.
- If a box appears stating which driver version to use, choose to Replace the current driver. Select Use the presently installed driver if you are convinced that the installed driver is accurate.Allow time for the HP printer to be installed. It’ll appear alongside some other printers and scanners you’re presently using in the list. Click Here to check latest hp printer software
- Wait for Windows 11 to install the HP printer.
- Choose Don’t share this printer, then Next unless you want to share it with other devices on your network, in which case click Share this printer and fill in the necessary information.
- A success page should now appear. If you want to test the HP printer, click Print a test page; otherwise, select Finish to see the printer in your list of devices.
Connect HP printer to WiFi network
For example, on a wireless HP printer, you can connect it to the network using these steps:
- Launch Setup.
- Select Network Setup.
- Hit on Wireless Settings.
- Turn on the Wireless settings option.
- To finish the activity, follow the on-screen instructions..
You don’t even need to go through the Setup if your printer is linked through a wired (Ethernet) connection. The printer’s IP address is the only thing you need to know, which you can find by navigating to Setup> Network Setup > Ethernet Settings and selecting View Ethernet Information.
Install the HP printer on Windows 11 with an IP address
If Windows 11 is unable to locate the HP wireless printer, follow these instructions to add it using an IP address:
- Select Add manually for the “The printer I want isn’t listed” option.
- Choose to add a printer using a TCP/IP address or a hostname.
- Continue by pressing the Next button.
- Choose the Autodetect option from the “Device type” drop-down box.
- Tick the option Query the printer and then automatically choose the driver to use.
- Validate the printer’s IP address. for example,( 22.214.171.124).
- To install the wireless printer on Windows 11, click the Next option.
- Continue by pressing the Next button.
- Click on the option to “Do not share this printer.”.
- Continue by pressing the Next button
- Hit the Finish tab.
You may start printing using HP printer from your laptop or desktop computer once you’ve completed the procedures.
Conclusion of How do I install HP printer on Windows 11-Setup a printer in Windows 11
We have listed quite a several steps out here. If one does not work, don’t worry; move on to the next step. One of the solutions will work for your laptop or desktop. We hope you have liked our article.
If you have any queries related to the HP printer on Windows 11, feel free to ask us in the comment section at the end of the article. You can leave any other comments too.Here we concluded our topic How do I install HP printer on Windows 11-Setup a printer in Windows 11