Topic : Complete guide windows 11 startup folder not working
Before troubleshooting or fixing any errors, it is important to find out why that problem is occurring. Once you have found out why it is not working, it becomes very easy to troubleshoot that particular problem.
There could be different reasons for this problem occurring, we can try out a few troubleshooting steps. One of them is bound to fix this problem. In case nothing works, the last resort would be to reset windows 11 to its factory settings. Therefore without much ado, let us start with our troubleshooting.
1. Ensure the application is meant to load at boot
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager and direct to the “auto backup”
Look for the program that is not loaded with Windows 11, select the program and tap the “insert” if and when it appears.
When it is done, restart the computer for the changes to happen and then check if the application loads when you start the windows.
If this app has already been enabled but still windows 11 is still facing the same problem, move on to the next troubleshooting method.
2. Check the app settings
Execute the application “discord” and click on the icon User Settings which you will find at the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
Now choose the option “Windows Settings” under “Settings” apps. in the navigation bar on your left side.
Also enable OpenDiscord tab
When windows boots, most applications offer a similar option to launch this application. Thus check if it is enabled and also if you have the permission in the task manager.
3 Manually add a shortcut to the folder of the startup
1. Go to the folder where the launcher(.exe file) for the trouble-causing app is stored. Choose it and click on the “copy” icon in the Command Bar at the top.
2. Press Windows + R to start the “run” command. type shell: common startup in the text field, and either tap on OK or hit the ENTER key. This will open the Common Startup folder. 3. Now, right-tap here and choose the PASTE icon. Instead, you can also tap “ctrl + v” to paste the launcher.
4. Click on the Continue tab in the box of confirmation that pops up.
5. Once all this is done, restart the computer for these changes to be applied.
4. Disable UAC [User Account Control]
Tap on “Windows + S” to launch the Search menu, enter “Change user account control settings” in the text field, and now tap on the relevant result of a search that appears. Now drag the slider to the extreme bottom, i.e Never Notify, and click on OK to save the changes.
Tap on “Yes” in the windows that appears UAC.
As we had discussed earlier, some of the applications need administrator permission to download. If there is a problem with UAC and it won’t start, it could be the reason for the Windows 11
startup folder to not work. The best thing you can apply here is to turn it off. However, we need to remember one thing, disabling UAC exposes your computer to assorted threats and it is not so secure anymore. So, if this solution does not work, be sure to enable it again.
5. Run SFC scan and the DISM tool.
Tap down Windows + S to start the menu search. type in “Windows Terminal” inside the box right-click the needed search result and select Release as an administrator in the context menu.
Hit”yes” in the window that appears UAC (user accounts control)
Now, click on the downward arrow at the top, and choose the command prompt from the given lot of options. You can also hit “ctrl + shift + 2” to launch Command Prompt in a new tab.
Type the given commands one on each time, and hit “enter” after each to run the DISM tool :DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
After you are over with that, type the given command and tap on “enter” to execute the sfc scan.sfc/scannow
If it was the bad system files or some problem with the Windows installation files which resulted in Windows 11 startup folder not working issue, running the SFC scan and DISM tool should repair it and the problem will be solved.
6. Make changes to the Registry
Before proceeding to do anything with the registry, back it up so there is no problem in the future if something goes wrong while working with it.
1. Tap and hold Windows + R to begin the run command, Then type”regedit” in the text box, and tap on ok or press enter to start the Registry Editor.
2. Tap on “yes” in the UAC prompt that comes up
3. Paste the following path in the URL bar towards the top and hit “enter” to navigate to it.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
4. Confirm if the Startup string given here has the following value data.USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
5. Now get to the following pathHKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
6. After that, confirm the startup string has the following Value Data.C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
7. Lastly, navigate to the given spot in the registry_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
8. Confirm if the Common Startup string has the following under Value DataC:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
9. If, at any place, you find the value data to be dissimilar, replace it with the correct values given here. If you find that all the things are in order, there is a choice to manually add the application you wish to load at startup to the registry.
10. To achieve that, negotiate the following path. Be careful to remember the changes you are going to do here will reflect all over your computer system, for the other accounts as well.EY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
11. Now, right=tap anywhere on the portion on the right, take the cursor over New, select “String Value” from the context menu, and enter the name of the desired application.
12. Navigate to the place where the wanted app is stored, right tap on the launcher, and select “copy as path”.
13. Double-tap anywhere on the string you have just made to add the “value data”.
14. Now, paste the path for the application in the Value Data text field, and click on OK to have the changes saved.
15. Once done, reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
,These are all the methods by which you can fix the Windows 11 startup folder not working.
One of these steps should troubleshoot/fix the problems for you. However, in case none of the steps work, you will have to reset Windows 11 to its factory settings.
Conclusion of Complete guide windows 11 startup folder not working
We have gone through a list of troubleshooting for you. One of them should work for you. I hope you have found the article informative and useful to you. If you wish to ask any questions, or have any comments, feel free to write that in the comment section just below this article.Hope you like the article Complete guide windows 11 startup folder not working